Daily Diaries your life stories shared and your personal experiences talked about . Share your stories!!

Thursday, August 15, 2019

The White (OYIBO) Girl Experience -Short Story




I'm sure you all heard about Cinderella.


Well, today my story is about Cinderella, Cinderella  in real life.
white cute and shy . she was everything my childhood brain had dreamed of ðŸ˜‚😂
Well, yes, I did see them a lot, and I was fascinated with everything. You remember those movies we watched when we were kids ,you know those white faces we see  on TV.
Sometimes, you know, because of stereotypes, we want to be like them . We Wished we had been birthed in Europe , americas e.t.c . We want to have someone like that in our lives and I day dreamed about a beautiful white princess , running in the field and i chasing her..
I WAS SUCH A FOOL but , i was in  love   .


Well, well unknown to me.
It is easier said than done, because we fail to note that yes they may seem fascinating ,yes they may seem adorable , yes it may be like our fairy tales come alive. They live in a different cultural society than we do , so if you rush in you rush out and it is quite difficult trying to adapt to the world.

Let me tell you my story .
well  i was in a class i wasn't meant to be in and i saw her doing a presentation .
wow , butterflies in my stomach and moving to my mouth ðŸ˜€ðŸ˜€(i am sure that how the phrase is said  ) i was held in awe , shinny like an elf .
i am sure smeagol  in LORD OF THE RINGS  would have called her precious ! precioouusss..........

Well yes i saw her and  i began to sing.

Love to see you shine in the night like the diamond you are
(Love to see you shine in the night like the diamond you are)
I'm on the other side, it's alright, just hold me in the dark
(I'm on the other side, it's alright, just hold me in the dark)
No one's got to know what we do, hit me up when you're bored
(No one's got to know) Nah (what we do, hit me up when you're bored)
'Cause I live down the street, so we meet when you need it, it's yours
All I hear is..........

MUSIC STOPS !


Well trying to be smart  in class , it was question time and boom my hands shoot up !
"Yes i have a question beaut.....i couldn't complete .
Instead of being coolheaded and calm i went on to rant like a fool and asked a very unintelligent question ( dont ask me ).
The look on her face was like someone who was eating doner( TURKISH KEBAB)  for the first time.

You  ! i mean you reading this, you know what i am saying!!!! 

Well  fast forward , class is over and i walked  like a peacock to meet her , wagging my tail , shinning my teeth .

hello ! hello !

hi my name is sway and i like to know you

Silent Purse . She checks me up and down.

i am a sweet boy guys..... you cant resist ,i thought

"Well My name is sen ," she replied
"That a nice name ," i replied .

Me such a fool , i don't even know what her name means , so i walk with her .
she talks to me  about how confusion my question sounded  .

I turned and smiled because i knew i was going to lie.

Now i am going to move away from the truth .

I tell her how she should forget my question and just give me a chance to make it up to her.

"like brahhh " did you fail an exam ? I thought to myself.

Well she tells me that she has a boyfriend .
No  she tells me she doesn't like African men , can you imagine ?

Small me she placed the entire Africa on my head .my little head .

Well , she successful allowed me walk her all the way home just to tell me this short story , all the way home .
 A hungry first year student . 
if you can imagine the distance of my dorm to her dorm , it like trekking that trek you only trek when you are broke .

Well i don't know but ever since , i just got wise 
(i didn't know shit before).
Forget about dating a white girl my brother , Hollywood just deceived us . They made us think every white girl needs a prince charming.
I swear Cinderella is a scam just like father Christmas .
 NO Santa Claus like the rest of the world apart from Nigeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

BECKETT RESTAURANT REVIEW : A PERFECT ELEMENT OF ARCHITECUTURAL AND CULINARY AMBIENCE

My first  restaurant review in famagusta ,northcyprus . Beckett resturant is arguably one of the newest restaurants to have opened in ...