Daily Diaries your life stories shared and your personal experiences talked about . Share your stories!!

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

What is your name ? QUARANTINE BULLSHIT EDITION


What is my name? Who am i ? Does my name define me? What does my name mean to me ?
 Is my name a reflection of my identity ?


These words passed through my head while i sat in my balcony on a boring quarantine day , well quarantine isn't meant to be fun any way guys.

Most times we associate our name to the word given to us by our parents . The  cultural meanings , the ancestral connections  , the Christian definitions but we fail to understand that we are sometimes never what that name says we are. In Christianity  we have saints and our  parents give us  children the names of these saints to some way personalized these names in our lives. They want you and i to envision them as role models but we fail to understand that the name which these saints bear is not who they are , this names only have meanings , strengths because of what the saint has been identified with . Great works , selfless acts and proud doings.
The name only became stronger as a result of what the individual bearing that name has done.

Your name  is who you grow to become , morals you show , characters  you display.  Your name is what you have turned out  to be .
For example..my name  Martin's is identified with a certain "GOD OF WARLIKE" personality but that is not who i have grown to become . I in no way show this characters but that was the name given to me by my parents and  it doesn't define me.
 I am  meek , emotional  , romantic and hell diplomatic in situations were i am required to use my fists.

Your name is who you are at any moment . Your name should  be defined by your emotion. Hell we should wear our emotion as our name.
 Yes what do you think ? Naa , the world would see you and i as weak but it is important to note that you are who you choose to be.

Names are important because they celebrate a moment.
Blessing, that is a name associated with a moment,  a time , a significance  of joy . It is a beautiful name but the name is only a remind of who and what you can become. It is only a beacon for all you can achieve  but it is not who you are until you decide and live up to it .
You choose you decide.

Chiamaka . It's an IBO name , Nigerian descent of those from the IBO tribe and those that speak the language IGBO . The name means God is wonderful! It is a praise of Gods work , i reminder a direction that you are Gods work  but it is not what defines you . It is not your " NAME" . You only answer your name in all honesty when you live up to that which you choose to define you.

Just a food for thought , until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

BECKETT RESTAURANT REVIEW : A PERFECT ELEMENT OF ARCHITECUTURAL AND CULINARY AMBIENCE

My first  restaurant review in famagusta ,northcyprus . Beckett resturant is arguably one of the newest restaurants to have opened in ...